Time flies when you’re a real estate investor! In this article, I’ve compiled an important summer home maintenance checklist for your rental properties. Most of these items can be done on your own, but if you’d like to delegate to a handyman and need a recommendation, please reach out to me anytime: (512) 721-1094 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s get started:
1) Have the HVAC system serviced by a qualified heating and cooling specialist.
2) Check detectors, including smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re working correctly. It’s also a great time to replace the batteries.
3) Check exterior faucets and hoses for leaks.
4) Wash windows and window screens.
5) Touch-up exterior paint as necessary.
6) Seal any concrete cracks in your driveway or sidewalk.
7) Check roof for any missing shingles.
8) Check trees on your property and trim back as necessary.
Most of these items can be completed quickly and efficiently, and performing regular home maintenance can save thousands of dollars and lots of headaches down the road. I hope this summer home maintenance checklist for your rental property has been helpful. If you have questions or if I can be of service, please know that I’m here for you:
Dona Brown, TALK Property Management
(512) 721-1094 | email@example.com