Let’s talk investment property and home staging in the greater Austin area. In this article, I’ll share how to find a local professional home stager, along with budget-friendly investment property home staging tips you can do all on your own.
In my last blog post, we covered the importance of staging investment properties. Let’s take another look at some of the key points on why you should stage your Austin-area investment property when selling:
– Staged homes sell 88% faster and for 20% more (REALTOR.com).
– 97% of buyer agents said staging affects the buyer’s view of the home (National Association of REALTORS®).
– Homes staged before going on the market sell for 90% more (Real Estate Staging Association®).
– 58% of listing agents said staging increases the dollar value of a home (National Association of REALTORS®).
– Nearly 1/3 (28%) of buyers are more willing to overlook “property faults” when the house is staged.
– Only 10% of the population can imagine a home’s potential.
Today, we’ll cover how to find a professional stager in the Austin area, and I’ll also share budget-friendly home staging tips that you can do on your own.
If you’d like to hire a professional stager for your investment property, there are several online resources available, including professional home stager associations:
– Real Estate Staging Association
– American Society of Home Stagers and Redesigners
If you’d like to explore staging on your own, take a look at these investment property staging tips:
– Boost your Austin-area investment property’s curb appeal:
Power wash siding and walkways
Hang easy-to-read house numbers
Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
Mow lawn and reseed or add fresh sod as needed
Wash front windows
Repaint or stain the porch floor as needed
– Make the front porch inviting:
Add a new doormat
Add planters with blooming flowers
If you have room, add a few pieces of outdoor furniture
Keep your porch lights on in the evenings, in case potential buyers drive by
– Deep clean your investment property’s interior:
Scrub counters, surfaces, and grout throughout
Protip: You may want to hire pros to do a deep cleaning.
– Clear away all clutter:
Clean and clear surfaces, floors, cupboards, and closets
Donate, sell, or throw away anything unnecessary or unsightly
– Strike a balance between pristine and lived in:
Ensure that everything is clean
Think vases of cut flowers, a basket of fresh farmer’s market produce on the kitchen counter or a bowl of lemons beside the sink.
– Style your dining room table:
Style it with visitors in mind to increase appeal, but don’t go overboard.
A large arrangement can look too stiff and formal, so try lining up a series of smaller vessels down the center of the table instead.
– Consider renting select furniture pieces for your investment property’s staging in order to create an inviting conversation area.
– Choose sophisticated, neutral paint colors:
Rich mid-tone neutrals like mocha and “greige” create a sophisticated backdrop that makes everything look more pulled together.
– Use extra “rooms” wisely:
Give every space a purpose
Whether you buy inexpensive furnishings, rent them, or borrow some from friends, making a real room out of a junk room will have a big payoff.
– Demonstrate uses for awkward areas or flexible spaces:
If you have unique or awkward areas in your investment property, find creative ways to present them to potential buyers. For example, if there’s a space underneath a stairwell, create a cubby area with a desk, chair, and home office set-up.
– Eliminate pet odors.
– Create a lifestyle that is attractive to buyers:
Buyers don’t only buy your investment property; they buy the lifestyle it offers. Play up certain features or add lifestyle pieces (like a hammock in the backyard) that paint the lifestyle that comes with the home.
– Think seasonally:
Ensure your investment property’s garden is in beautiful shape in the summer, along with any extra features, like a pool or a fire pit.
Take advantage of the cozy vibe of the season in autumn and winter by simmering hot apple cider on the stove.
If you have questions about how to best stage your Austin-area investment property, please know that TALK Property Management is always here for you. Reach out to me anytime.
Resource article: Houzz; Sell Your Home Fast with These 21 Staging Tips: https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/2661221/list/sell-your-home-fast-21-staging-tips.